(This page includes tips from reporters, citizens journalists, and others identifying Michigan bills (introduced or passed) that resemble ALEC model legislation. CMD encourages the use of this forum and encourages further detailed research to verify all claims.)
- HB 4305 (introduced 2/22/11, Sponsor: Agema) "to provide for the determination of the immigration status of persons present in this state under certain circumstances; to allow for the enforcement of immigration laws in this state and the detaining and transportation of persons unlawfully present in the United States; to allow for certain civil actions; and to provide for certain civil fines and criminal penalties." Compare to ALEC's "No Sanctuary Cities for Illegal Immigrants Act."
- The Michigan Right to Farm Act (Act 93 of 1981) contains much of the same language, word for word in some cases, as in ALEC's Right to Farm Act. 
- HB 4453 (introduced 3/16/11) "Michigan Government Competition Against Private Enterprise Act" (Sponsor: Tom McMillin), similar to ALEC proposed "Competitive Contracting of Public Services Act"
- Michigan Legislature, HB 4305, state legislation, introduced February 22, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, No Sanctuary Cities for Illegal Immigrants Act, model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Michigan Legislature Act 93 of 1981- Michigan Right to Farm Act, state government website, accessed July 25, 2011
- ALECExposed.org Right to Farm Model Legislation, accessed July 25, 2011
- Michigan Legislature, HB 4453, introduced legislation, accessed July 19, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Competitive Contracting of Public Services Act, model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Bruce Fealk, Whistleblower Exposes ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council) Model Legislation – Proves Beyond All Doubt Representative Tom McMillin On The Side Of Corporations, Not Constituents, The Rochester Citizen, July 14, 2011