(This page includes tips from reporters, citizens journalists, and others identifying Kansas bills (introduced or passed) that resemble ALEC model legislation. CMD encourages the use of this forum and encourages further detailed research to verify all claims.)
- HR 6008 (adopted 3/28/11) Resolution "Opposing the Environmental Protection Agency's regulatory train wreck" "almost word-for-word from" ALEC's "Resolution Opposing EPA’s Regulatory Train Wreck"
- HB 2182 (signed 5/25/11) act including "Health Care Freedom Act" based on ALEC's "Freedom of Choice in Healthcare Act"
- HB 2067 (signed 4/18/2011) changes the requirements for providing voter identification at elections compare with ALEC's "Voter ID Act"
- Kansas State Legislature, HR 6008, state resolution, adopted March 28, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Resolution Opposing EPA's Regulatory Train Wreck, model resolution, accessed July 25, 2011
- Scott Rothschild, Corporate-funded ALEC has strong ties to Kansas Legislature, Lawrence Journal World, July 24, 2011
- Kansas State Legislature, HB 2182, state legislation, signed May 25, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Freedom of Choice in Health Care Act, model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Kansas State Legislature. HB 2067. State legislation, signed April 18, 2011.
- American Legislative Exchange Council, Voter ID Act, model legislation exposed by the Center for Media and Democracy, July 13, 2011
- Campus Progress. New Evidence of ALEC Connections in All Successful Voter ID Legislation. News website. Accessed September 8, 2011.